DAL Agriculture's alfalfa, branded Dessi, is opening up new markets across the Gulf for Sudanese fodder. Large quantities of Dessi are being exported to the UAE and Qatar - to large scale dairies, and the retail market. This is the first time that Sudanese alfalfa has been available in the Gulf in such substantial volumes on a year round basis.
In early 2010, DAL Agriculture's Al Waha farm started producing alfalfa on a commercial scale for export to the Gulf and beyond. The alfalfa is produced using the latest agricultural techniques under centre pivot irrigation, and flourishes in Sudan's hot dry climate.
Demand for top quality Sudanese alfalfa in the Gulf is extremely high due to the following factors:
- Meets international standards - Dessi meets the USDA guidelines for alfalfa. We offer 'Premium' quality, but other grades may be available on request.
- Fresh tasting and sun dried - our alfalfa is sun dried in field (all year round) and baled at the optimum moisture content. Sudan's proximity to the Gulf market (ie minimised travel time), also meanst the alfalfa arrives tasting fresh.
- Variety of formats - Dessi is available in large bales (approximately 400kg) or small bales (approx. 18kg) suiting the needs of a variety of farmers and farm types.
- Year round availability - our alfalfa is harvested 10 - 12 times per year.
- Widely available - Dessi is available in a variety of locations - from the farm gate in Sudan, FOB Port Sudan, and CFR/CIF to any destination port. See sales for more information.
For enquiries about Dessi, please contact our Sales Manager.